0 of 22 questions completed
You must fill out this field.
You must fill out this field.
You have already completed this quiz. You cannot start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 22 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Which of the following sentences contains a prepositional phrase?CorrectIncorrect
2. Which sentence below does NOT have an irregular verb in it?CorrectIncorrect
3. Which adverb phrase in the sentences below answers the question “Why”?CorrectIncorrect
4. Which sentence has the subject and the predicate separated correctly?CorrectIncorrect
5.Bob and Diane found ………………….in a strange place. Choose the best missing word.CorrectIncorrect
Read the paragraph.
A few days ago Craig cleaned up the garage, and checked the tire pressure on his bike. Yesterday he washed his clothes. This morning he had to study. He studied from 10:00a.m. to 2:30p.m. He has to play basketball at 6:00p.m
1. According to this paragraph, which statement is true?CorrectIncorrect
2. Which of the following details indicates that the girl was angry?CorrectIncorrect
Read the passage and answer the questions
Amy opened the door to the bathroom. “What is that dripping sound? Why is the carpet wet and squishy all around the bathtub? The rest of the carpet is dry, Oh no!
3. What is the problem?CorrectIncorrect
Read the following passage
Mary seems to enjoy reading in her free time. Mary must be a good reader. She read 35 books in eighth grade. She will probably read more in ninth grade.
5. Which statement is a fact, not an opinion?CorrectIncorrect
Doping is the use of drugs to try to improve sports performance. This practice is banned by sports federations throughout the world. Athletes need to know which substances are banned in sport. The use of drugs during athletic festivals is evident. Furthermore, they must make sure that any product or medication they take does not contain a prohibited substance.
1.Which sentence should be deleted to keep on the unity of the paragraph?CorrectIncorrect
2. Which of the following describes the main purpose of persuasive writing?CorrectIncorrect
Choose the correct answer.
1. How many square feet are there in 288 square inches?
1 foot = 12 inchesCorrectIncorrect
Which statement is true?CorrectIncorrect
3. Joe is creating a number pattern. He begins the pattern with the number. Each number after 3 is twice the number before it, plus 1. Which pattern fits Joe’s rule?CorrectIncorrect
What is the value of the expression?
|−5 + (−3)²|CorrectIncorrect
What equation is the rule for the function illustrated by the table of values?
a: 4y – 2 = 33 – 3y*CorrectIncorrect
b: Solve: 8x- (3x + 7) = 23CorrectIncorrect
8. Solve x + 7 > 2CorrectIncorrect
9.Find the slope. (- 4, -1) and (5, -7) .CorrectIncorrect
10. what is the measurement of angle 2 + angle 3?